Ashampoo WinOptimizer is a suite of tools you need to maintain your
system and increase its performance.
During installation, users are advised to pay special attention to the program
since it is ad-supported. You can choose from either express or custom
installation. Express installation comes with MyAshampoo Toolbar, and it sets
the MyShampoo web search as your default search, as well as homepage.
The user interface is quite friendly. In Overview you can take a look at details
of the system, maintenance (auto-start entries, services, unnecessary objects –
fixing them is done is a single click), hibernation files, old update backups,
but you can also use tuning assistant (it searches for optimization options for
your system, based on your preferences) and activate Live-Tuner (so you can
monitor CPU and RAM usage).
The modules found in Ashampoo WinOptimizer include system maintenance (one-click
optimizer, drive cleaner, registry optimizer, Internet cleaner, defragmenting
tool), performance improver (service manager, startup and Internet tuner,
process and uninstall manager), Windows customizer (tweaking, antispy, file
associator, context menu manager, icon saver), system analyzer (system
information, DiskSpace Explorer, system benckmark, Disk Doctor), file tools
(file wiper, encrypter, decrypter, splitter, joiner, undeleter), backup manager,
and task planner.
As you can see, there are plenty of options to explore. You can create a
favorites list, in order to simplify your searches. When a software comes
equipped with so many features, it is very difficult for all of them to run
perfectly, especially when Ashampoo WinOptimizer seems to use a small amount of
For example, the defragmenting tool runs at its full capabilities only if there
is enough disk space available. Plus, if you tell the tuning assistant that you
don\'t use Windows\' hibernation status, it will still display Hibernarnation as
an optimizing solution. We have also encountered random errors (e.g. "Abstract
Error") when moving back and forth in the program.
The bottom line is that Ashampoo WinOptimizer definitely intends to be taken
seriously as a system maintenance tool, but it could use some work.
Here are some key features of "Ashampoo WinOptimizer":
· Optimal system maintenance through efficient cleaning and defragmentation
· Quick system optimization with just one click.
· Finds and deletes redundant files.
· Finds and deletes unnecessary or faulty entries in the registry.
· Traces left behind when surfing the Internet are erased.
· Defragmentation of hard drives (pro-active defragmentation and boot-time
· Transparency and comparability with the help of information and diagnosis
· Comprehensive and clear information on installed hardware and software
(operating system, processor, chip set, drives, etc.).
· Analysis of file groups, e.g. audio or video files, and information on their
· The performance of the main memory is determined and the processor is tested.
The results can be compared online with the ones of other users.
· Hard drives are checked for errors and faulty files can be restored.
Improvement of performance:
· Get rid of unnecessary droppings in performance with integrated management and
· Optimization and management of installed services and own rating of services.
· Management of applications that are launched when Windows starts.
· Automatic or manual optimization of the system settings for the hardware and
bandwidth of the Internet connection.
· This module gives an overview about all currently running processes.
· Uninstalls applications and faulty entries successfully.
· A set of tools to delete and encrypt files and folders as well as to restore
and send files.
· Irrevocable and safe deletion of files and folders.
File Encrypter & Decrypter:
· Encrypt and decrypt files.
File Splitter & Joiner:
· Splits a file into several small ones, in order to, for example, send them by
e-mail and merge them again afterwards.
· Restores accidentally deleted files.
· Perfect configuration of the Windows operating system and adjustment to own
· The access to a lot of hidden system settings enables a detailed customization
of the system and frequently used applications.
· Adjustment of interfaces and hidden options in Windows, in order to disable
undesired data transmission.
· Management of installed data formats as well as repairing or deletion of
faulty data formats.
Context Menu Manager:
· Manages context menus of the Windows explorer and helps with the adjustment to
· Saves the icon positions on the desktop and restores them, if necessary.
· Comfortable backup management and customization of modules
· Management of existing backups.
· Helps new users to optimize their system.
· Planning of tasks and their automatic execution at an appointed time.
· Settings for this software and single modules can be adjusted.