Ashampoo UnInstaller is a program that comes packed with a few clever
tools for completely removing installed applications from your hard drive. The
interface of the software has clean elements and is easy to navigate through.
So, you can view a list of all currently installed programs on your computer,
available log files, as well as registry, file and system changes. Furthermore,
you can delete a log file and access "Observation Options" to check out the
registry, drives and system files, as well as create a file exclusion list. In
addition, you can load a log file, reinstall a removed program, save the current
configuration and create a comparison log. But you can also install a new
program and keep a log file of the installation process because this helps you
completely remove the respecting application afterward, by comparing the initial
and current registry status. Moreover, you can compare two configurations, print
the report, perform a defrag on the hard drive, clean the registry, as well as
remove junk data (e.g. invalid links, empty folders, duplicates, temp files),
clear Internet tracks, undelete files and use a file shredder. Plus, you can
manage restore points, services, fonts and Internet Explorer addons, backup
files and folders, check for invalid installation entries, and more. Ashampoo
UnInstaller has a complete help file with snapshots for beginners, along with
short descriptions displayed on the interface for every major feature. It uses a
moderate amount of system resources and didn\'t freeze or crash during our tests.
We recommend it to all user levels.
Here are some key features of "Ashampoo UnInstaller":
· This small system tray tool identifies almost all program installations
automatically, logging the entire installation process so that you can remove
the program later with the Ashampoo UnInstaller.
Monitor secret program activities:
· Just take a “Before” snapshot with UnInstaller, run the application that you
want to monitor and then take another snapshot. UnInstaller will then show you
all the changes the program has made anywhere on your system, including Registry
entries, new files, file changes and other changes.
· Get insurance against changing your mind! Reinstaller reinstalls your removed
programs along with all your individual settings so that you don’t have to go
through the hassle of configuring everything all over again.
Drag & Drop Desktop Uninstaller:
· Just drag the icon of a logged program onto the desktop icon to remove it from
your computer with Ashampoo UnInstaller. Great for getting rid of trial versions
Find invalid installation entries:
· Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel often contains invalid
entries for programs no longer on your system. This tool locates and deletes
these entries, freeing up resources on your machine.
Manage system restore points:
· Windows has a system for saving “rollback” backups of your system called
“restore points” that allow you to return your system to an earlier state
without losing your personal data (text documents, emails, browser history etc).
The restore points manager shows you all your restore points. It also enables
you to activate and deactivate automatic restore points, create manual restore
points and load restore points to return your system to a previous state.
· The Windows Registry is the central database where both Windows and most
programs save all their (and your) settings. Lots of leftover junk data often
accumulates here, particularly when you remove programs without Ashampoo
UnInstaller. This tool helps you to identify and get rid of this cruft that is
clogging up your system.
· Automatic and manual monitoring of program installation
· Monitor secret program activities
· Remove all traces of programs from your system
· Interactive tool for removing programs for which you don’t have Ashampoo
UnInstaller installation logs
· Reinstaller – reinstall programs with all your settings
· Drag & Drop uninstaller
· Advanced hard disk defragmenter with automatic defragmentation
· Windows Registry cleanup tool
· Internet cleanup tool, delete all surfing traces
· Undelete tool, restore accidentally deleted files
· File wiper for secure deletion of files
· Find/delete duplicate files tool
· Find/delete temporary files tool
· Find/delete empty folders tool
· Start Menu cleanup tool
· Manage Windows services tool
· Manage Internet Explorer extensions tool
· File and folder backup and restore utility
· Font management tool, delete unnecessary fonts